Economic & Community Development
- Helped to stabilize small businesses and schools by providing grant assistance and economic recovery, through the Reinvest North County Fund, in partnership with the Regional Business Council (RBC) and Greater St. Louis Community Foundation. The final round of funding was completed in November 2016 and brought the total financial assistance to help our community to $950,000 during the past three years. Thank you to the many donors who generously made the RNC Fund possible.
- Provided business climate data to municipal, community leaders, and developers.
- Awarded a 2016 Best Not For Profit award by the Northwest Chamber of Commerce and Community News.
- Awarded the 2016 Community Impact Award by The Nehemiah Program for our crisis community engagement work.
- Served on the University Square Board (working on revitalization along Natural Bridge) in partnership with UMSL and the City of Normandy.
- Participated in the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership’s Community Economic Development Study for 2017-2022.
- Participated in regional-wide grant collaboration for 100 & Change grant.
- Hosted the “How To Fund Your Vision” small business initiative in partnership with St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley.
- Advocated for policies that provide adequate and equitable funding and expand access to early childhood education.
- Promoted the many achievements of our schools and young scholars.
- Advocated for job & workforce development funding and encouraged policies to help small business growth and
- Assisted Christian Hospital and SSM Health DePaul Hospital to increase capacity of the Community Health Access Program. The program helps low-income, non-emergent residents, receive the right care from the right resource, at the right time. This work was made possible by a generous grant from Mallinckrodt Pharmaceutical.
- Worked with stakeholders on key community health issues and advancing access to care.
- Promoted health care providers’ community educational programs and opportunities for improving quality of life.
- Partnered with Washington University’s Social System Design Lab team to examine the leverage points driving the perception of the community.
- Continued the North County Now, North County Proud marketing campaign to improve image of North County.
- Distributed more than 5,000 brochures promoting North County area assets.
- Hosted and promoted NorthStLouisCounty.com and ExploreNorthStLouisCounty.com, comprehensive websites
marketing area’s attractions, recreational and historic assets, along with quality of life information.
- Promoted hundreds of members’ events and accomplishments through our monthly eNewsletter and social media.
- Promoted the “Shop Local” campaign, encouraging residents to support the communities’ small businesses.
- Participated with the Greater North County Chamber of Commerce’s Business Showcase to promote community assets and opportunities.
- Advocated for the completion of the I-270 Corridor Study. Met with Senator Claire McCaskill to encourage federal funding for the necessary improvements called for in the study.
- Celebrated the completion of the 10 year, $13 million Great Streets-Natural Bridge Corridor infrastructure improvement project.
- Celebrated Metro’s opening of the $10 million North County Transit Hub.
- Supported funding for multiple municipal road improvement grants.